Friday, April 22, 2011

Songs from Middle Earth

Not long ago, I happened upon this picturesque video with music from the Lord of the Rings soundtrack  and thought it seemed very appropriate for Earth Day.


The music here  is by The Tolkien Ensemble
a truly amazing group that I hope to hear a lot more from.

This beautiful music makes me even more excited about Peter Jackson's production of The Hobbit.  I didn't realize that there was so much potential for music until I read the book and saw the lyrics there. 

A lovely slide show of location pictures from Lord of the Rings 
set to Enya's "May it Be" and Annie Lennox's "Into the West"
New Zealand truly does make a spectacular Middle Earth. And according to a new video from Peter Jackson's blog, the production is being wise enough to reuse many of the old sets from LOTR for his new production of The Hobbit.  That sounds very earth-friendly to me! :)

Of course I am most anxious to see this man (Richard Armitage-- as if you didn't know!)
--who is front and centre and being gazed at adoringly by the actor who plays Bilbo Baggins!

What do you think Martin Freeman is thinking here? (Sounds like another caption contest idea!)

We are not sure exactly how he will look as Thorin Oakenshield (the leader of the dwarves). But if it is anything similar to Gimli from LOTR, he could possibly look like this...

We can only hope and pray that we get to hear him SING!!
(or play the flute or cello?)

**UPDATE**
Check out a new RA blog: Befuddled Musings, I just discovered today. Thank you Servetus!
Calexora has been thinking about Richard's musicality as well -- on this post.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out Phylly and for linking my blog and post. I'm glad to have joined this illustrious group of RA bloggers.

Funny how we both thought of the same thing on the same day. Are RA fans starting to mind-meld?

Happy Earth Day and Good Friday!

tyme_4_t said...

Caption for Martin Freeman: "He'll always be Lucas to me."

Anonymous said...

@Calexora, we'll all on the same wave-length!

Martin Freeman: "Buddy, I wish I had your IT factor!"

fitzg