Saturday, December 10, 2011

Crazy Christmas songs

Phylly finally feels festive!

Share in a silly seasonal sing-along.

I was dared to sing this once in public. I'd like to say I didn't take the dare but....

Porky Pig's Blue Christmas



We had a Reader's Digest Chistmas Collection of songs and this was our family's most requested one on the album:

All I Want For Christmas / Spike Jones



This is a fun song at the best of times but this is definitely a unusual version.


Must Be Santa / sung by Bob Dylan




This singing comedian can make a Christmas song out of almost anything!

I Am Santa Claus / Bob Rivers



Here's another childhood favourite.

I'm Getting Nuttin' for Christmas



And now a little something for my fellow RA fans!
Ooooo! I am soooo BAD! I really am getting nuttin' for Christmas!


 It seems so cruel to have him posing in a snowbank.
Here's one (by the artist who shall remain nameless) where he seems much warmer (and happier too!).


Best Wishes for the Holiday season!


8 comments:

Jonia's cut said...

HEHEHEHEHEE!!! Hello Phylly :) Wonderful choice of songs and yummy RA in red strings. Wish to see this in real ;D You are naughty girl very naughty ;D

Anonymous said...

*DROOOOOOOOL*

Okay - the first two songs was a bit ennoying :-P, but funny :-)
Bob Dylan - a bit weird, but funny :-)
I am santa: HA HA HO HO
The last vid - Alrigtht I am not for children (who cant sing) singing x-mas songs ;-)
Enoying + weird + Ha Ha + Funny = silly (you did your job)

Adooooooore the pictures - Naughty yes, but also good to others RA fellows.
From me to you:
http://alfie72.deviantart.com/favourites/#/d2fqdg6

Thats naughty ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love the Porky Pig version of Blue Christmas!

The holidays are "official" for me when I hear my Dad "sing" Blue Christmas ala Elvis style!lol

Maybe if we show Mrs. Claus those pics of RA, she'll work on Santa to get us off the naughty list ;) NAAAAHHHH She'll be happy to be on the naughty list with all us RA fangurls!

tyme4t

Phylly3 said...

@Jonia - Glad you like my silly songs, and thanks for joining me in my naughtiness!
@alfie - Ah yes! I also have a copy of that lovely picture! Thanks for the link! Let's drool together. :P
@tyme4t - I would love to meet your Dad!
It only just occurred to me- I should have used the song "I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" but that really would piss off Mrs. Claus! Then we'd be on the "naughty list" forever! ;)

MaryKwizMiz said...

I know they're silly but I really love the Bob Rivers songs.. "Chipmunks roasting on an open fire" and 'Wreck the malls' are two of my favourites :)
happy naughty advent ;)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! Thanks for making me smile, Phylly! :)

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and enjoy having your kids home for Christmas. *hugs*

~Nat
(it's not letting me log into my google account.)

bccmee said...

I remember a lot of these songs very fondly. In fact, I *lived* a few of these songs. ;)

Phylly3 said...

@TeeTotallyNot - Yes! The Christmas our family discovered Bob Rivers was very merry indeed! I also enjoy "Walkin' 'Round in Women's Underwear"!
@Nat - Making you smile is a bonus for me, what with all the laughs you've given me! Thanks for the good wishes.
@bccmee - LOL! I hope you lived the wild party at Bob Dylan's house! Wouldn't that be a riot?! Thanks for dropping by!